Friday 28 August 2015

What's in my make-up bag?

My make-up bag

A few months ago, I decided to cut the crap out of my make-up selection, because even though I love buying and trying new make-up, I have in the past year/year and a half found products that I absolutely love and use on a daily basis (when I was in school, this summer the make-up has stayed to a minimum- aka none), and thus remain the products that I cannot wait to use. What is in my make-up bag is not my entire selection, but it comes pretty close. What I have shown below are the items I would take with me if I were to go on holiday or if I was getting ready somewhere other than my home, and are thus quite a few items. This is so that I have a selection of what to wear, say one day I might want foundation and concealer, whereas the next I would want concealer and only powder (FYI I would never wear all of the times at the same time).

On to the bag and it's contents!


This is my bag:

(yes this is an airplane bag)


And this is what's inside:


Now onto the specifics:

Lets start with brushes. My favourite brushes, and thus the ones I carry with me, are the Real Techniques. Out of all the brushes that I have tried, these are definitely the best, they don't hog all the make-up (you know what I mean, when all the product stays on the brush and doesn't go on your face) and they are suuuuper soft. 


In terms of lip products, this is probably where I have the most. My selection ranges from lip balm to lip stick: (left to right: Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm 105, Revlon Colorburst Lip Balm 025, Chanel Rouge Coco 38, Bebe Young Care classic lip balm)


Left to right: Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm 105, Revlon Colorburst Lip Balm 025, Chanel Rouge Coco 38, Bebe Young Care classic lip balm.

(As you can see, my favourite colours for the lips are a nude/pink/glittery)

Onto face products, this is pretty much the extent of my collection anyways:


Left to right: Chanel Vitalumière Aqua foundation 20 Beige, Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer 010 Ivory, Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder (can't remember the shade), Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder Maui 3.


And lastly, eyes. The products I use most are the mascara and paint pot eyeshadow, because they are the easiest and the least fuss to use. 


Left to right: Collection Gorgeous Glow Blush Block, Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot Vintage Selection, Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara (waterproof), Essence Tweezer


And that's all! I hope you enjoyed reading this, I know I certainly like to snoop around and see what other people carry in their make-up bags. I know a lot of this stuff is pretty high end, but, as everyone, there are a few things I allow myself to splurge on, and with make-up I find that high end products tend to be better for my skin/have the colours I want/last waaaaay longer. 

Till next time! 

Adrianna 

No comments:

Post a Comment