Sunday 30 August 2015

My Top 5 Beauty Brands

My favourite brands in beauty

   

1. Chanel

Without a doubt, Chanel is my number one favourite brand for make-up (although on any list of mine they would probably make at least the top 3). Although it is ridiculously expensive to purchase ANY product of theirs, it is so so worth it in my opinion. I'm not saying to buy your entire make-up collection from them, but a few staple pieces to have can benefit your make-up bag massively! In terms of their foundations, I think no other can match it. Yes, there are dupes, but personally I don't think they match Chanel's quality. With the smallest quantity you can cover the biggest surface, and thus the products last very long, sort of justifying the money spent on it. My own foundation (you can see it in my "what's in my make-up bag" post) has last me 1 year and around 4 months, and is showing no sign of being empty. I'm also a huuge fan of their lipsticks and lip glosses. Apart from a super creamy and nourishing formula, the colour range is right up my alley.


2. Revlon

Revlon is one of those brands that I feel is bit underrated. It has high end quality products whilst being of affordable prices. My favourite products include their nail polishes and lip butters. Revlon nail polishes are amazing quality, have big (but not too big) brushes for easy application, last for a really long time, and have really nice and thick consistency, making application easy as you only need one coat for it too look good. Revlon was also the first brand to come out with the now super hip lip butters, and I can honestly say they are my favourite. The packaging is super cute, the product itself is really moisturising, and again I find the range of colours to be perfect for what I like. The Colourburst Lip Lacquer are also suuper moisturising and, especially the matt ones, have really intense pigmentation. Overall, this brand one of my favourites not only because of their products, but also because of the low prices.

   

3. MAC

I'm pretty sure MAC products will be on everyone's top list of make-up and beauty brands. It is on the slightly more expensive side, yet the products are again really good quality. The reason why for me MAC is in third and not second, is that the Studio Fix powder, although seriously the best face/foundation product I've ever used, it breaks me out. My skin feels all weird about a half hour after I put it on, and the next morning BAM, spots. I kept applying it for a long time though because of the amazing coverage it gives and the flawless finish it leaves on your face. MAC brushes are also very good, although I find them too expensive to buy them for myself ( I thus only own one). MAC Paintpots are mainly the only eyeshadows I really use on a daily basis, the application is so nice and creamy, and the colours are so pretty meaning you can use them on their own. And, of course, let's not forget about their lipsticks. Gorgeous formulation, really good pigmentation and super sleek packaging.

4.  Rimmel

Again, a LOT of people love Rimmel, and rightly so. It is ridiculously cheap and has good quality products. I mainly use their nail polishes and Wake Me Up concealer. Rimmel nail polishes surprised me. Although the formula is quite runny and thin, after applying two coats it looks just as good as any, and without too much fuss. Their relatively new Kate Moss nail polishes are my favourites, as the colour range I think is fantastic, especially their summer collection. In terms of the concealer, it is no secret to the beauty world that the Wake Me Up foundation and concealer combo are great. And I agree. I haven't tried their foundation yet because for years I've been stuck to MAC and Chanel ones and am perfectly happy staying with those, but I am glad that I gave the concealer a try. The colour is a really nice match for my skin (although in summer I tend to mix it with my Chanel foundation to create the perfect colour for me). However, on its own it works wonders too. If I want a light coverage or just cover up some spots and under eye circles, this is my go to product. The applicator brush (the doe foot or whatever it's called) gives you just enough product so that it is not dripping on your face, and the concealer itself it really moisturising so that you can quickly apply it without having to put a base or moisturiser underneath. 

  

5. Lancôme

I first tried out Lancome products when Emma Watson started modelling for them, being the Harry Potter fan that I am/was at the time. Yet I loved them. I haven't tried a lot from them, and I mainly want to write about their mascaras. I very luckily have very thick and long eyelashes, so when I am looking for a mascara I never want one that is massive or gives massive volume like the Maybeline ones. So when I found the Hypnôse mascaras, I fell in love and have not looked back since. The formula of the mascara is really nice and doesn't dry very fast, and the brushes are relatively small (not compared to No. 7 brushes but compared most mascaras these days it's a nice size. You can build this mascara up to create a super heavy look, but for what I want, I use one, maybe two coats, and it's perfect for an everyday look. Also good if you aren't allowed to wear heavy make-up to school, this is perfect. Bare in mind there are different Hypnôse mascaras, and some may give way more volume than the others. The only downside to this brand is that it is not cheap, but I think it's worth it.

And that's all! As you can see, my taste in make-up brands is fairly on the expensive side, yet I personally think it is worth it with make-up for the reasons presented above.

'Till next time!

Adrianna 

No comments:

Post a Comment